Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My 3 year Old Can Already Think Logic Circles Around Me...

Recently, I was helping Ms. Thang, my 3 year old child, clean her room. For Christmas, from my brother and his wife, she received a stuffed pony in a purse. I don't pretend to understand on what planet one would have a tiny pony that one would carry in a purse, but nevertheless, this is what she received, and she loves it. She also has some My Little Pony toys here and there. When we were sorting through her toys, my funny child decided that the best place to store the ponies was in the purse with the larger stuffed horse. Since they're both equine in nature, this seemed somewhat reasonable to me, so into the weird horse purse the ponies went. What transpired next is nothing less than sheer comic genius, and had to be shared.
Ms Thang (brandishing her ponies, stuffed into the purse and peering, somewhat helplessly through the window (Yes, I typed window. There's a window in the purse.) in the side of the purse.) : “Look, Mama! My horsie had babies! These are her babies!”
Me: “I see! So your horsie had baby ponies?”
Ms. Thang: “Uh-huh. She laid some eggs.”
Me: “Um. She's a horse. I don't think they do that.”
Ms. Thang: “She's a unicorn.”
Me: “But aren't unicorns still mammals? Mammals don't lay eggs.”
Ms. Thang: “She got them from a platypus. Them were platypus eggs, and when she hatched them, they were her baby ponies.”
Me: “...So, your unicorn hatched ponies out of platypus eggs?”
Ms. Thang: “Uh-huh. Platypuses is mammals and they lay eggs.”

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how my 3 year old very firmly told me how it is. I don't know whether to laugh or just stand back in slack jawed amazement at her ability to think circles around me at 3. I'm pretty sure this does not bode well for her teenage years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment